Hi, I’m Marjorie.
I started building websites in 2010 while studying Web Development at Marlboro College Graduate School in Brattleboro, Vermont.
I enjoy working with all types of clients to create mobile-friendly websites they can update themselves. I also write, design, and update content for clients who prefer not to log into their website, ever.
Web Design Services:
- Web design and development with an emphasis on mobile friendliness (easy to navigate and looks great on a phone!)
- Content strategy for home page, menus, posts, categories & tags
- Ecommerce and shopping page setup, payment portals and product customizations
- Basic SEO (search engine optimization)
- Image optimization, website migrations, Google Analytics and Search Console setup
- Flexible Care Plans for backups, updates, site speed and security
- Content writing for web, email newsletters, social media & press.
- Codewryter, a sole proprietorship, started by Marjorie Ray in 2010
- Graduate Certificate in Open Source Web Development Marlboro College Graduate School (recently merged with Emerson College, Boston, MA).
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration & Management from Harvard University.
- BA from UMASS, Amherst, in Communications and English.
- Winner of the Brattleboro Business Plan Competition in the Startup General Business Category.
- 30+ years of Marketing and Business Administration.
- Longtime member of the WordPress Community and other Tech Groups.
I’m a problem solver and researcher.
The internet changes almost daily and I am constantly googling and learning, to keep all the sites I manage updated, fast, and running smoothly. I offer basic SEO on every site I build, with reasonably-priced care and maintenance plans.