Facebook pixel is the code you place on your website to track conversions from Facebook ads, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to people who have already taken some kind of action on your website.
How to add Facebook Pixel Code
- Get started learning about Facebook Business Accounts at Facebook Ads Help Center
- To learn about Facebook Pixel, which is for tracking the effectiveness of your Facebook ads, go to Optimization/Pixel
- Then go to Create and Install Facebook Pixel
- You’ll need a website
- You must be able to update the website’s code or know how to install a new plugin (for WordPress).
- Go to your Pixels tab in Event Manager. Choose the page you want to create a Pixel for (upper right hand corner), then select “Create a Pixel.”
Create a Facebook Pixel:
Add Pixel Code or Use a Plugin:
5. Enter your website (the Pixel Name is auto-generated based on your page).
6. Choose how you want to set up the pixel (I chose WordPress).
Connect Your WordPress Account:
I turned off “Advanced Matching for WordPress” but you can leave this on if you desire.
Next you will Download a plugin and then install it WordPress under “plugins” in the WordPress dashboard. (Facebook pixel will walk you thru this as well).
To install pixel code manually, watch this video